Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Keeping the pace, plans, and futures

Things have been pretty good since we, me and Rob came back to Baltimore. I started the application process at a beauty school- go figure! I can't do this street/strip club thing forever. We actually have been staying at Darrell's house in his basement. He lives near Loyola University. Well, hey, you know it used to be what I did before I got all nutty on this drug and in this hapless world you know....so I already have experience in it so why not try it again? Rob, on the other hand, is working the door at one of the clubs on The Block. The more I'm around him, and the more I see him dive deeper into heroin and this drug world, the more things I see about him that I don't like. I mean, what's to like, if anything? I just wish, for once, that he would try to go after more respectful jobs but how can he when he does this shit day in and day out?

Yeah I do the same thing but I think it also boils down to the simple fact that I have more job experience, a better past-better family, and all of that I know really helps boost you in the right direction..and I know he doesn't have all of that. What was he doing when I first met him? Living either with his mother or with Dre. Come on, what did I expect?! Did I expect anything? Did I come into this friendship with him with any expectations? No, I don't think so. All I wanted, all I was looking at was the heroin he could buy-It wasn't the same with Dre though. It really wasn't. I just want better, so I'm slowly starting to go after it and I know that Rob won't change, can't change- I don't know what his deal is.  I know that he is just so wrapped up in what he is doing that I guess he feels he can't help it, or doesn't think anything will change in his life. But you know, well, I think also he blames his criminal history. That's another thing I know he looks at and it's true, with a criminal jail infested/drug driven life/past he lived, and still is living [even though he just isn't getting caught by the cops these days], he is still living that life and living the risk of getting caught again.


No comments:

Post a Comment