Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Other Clients?

June 24, 2012
I asked  Dre about the other people he sells to. I have always been curious about that. I asked him if he sells to other suburban people or those my age and he said no. He said he mainly sells to strippers that live in Baltimore. I want to interview one of those strippers. How does someone get into such a scummy life? Why did they become  a stripper? I guess they have to support their own addictions. But what started their addiction in the first place? Most importantly, why do I care? Why am I so interested in that life? Trust me, it's nothing new. I may look innocent and sheltered but I have always been fascinated/interested/curious in heroin, a rougher lifestyle, dancers, even prostitutes. I get the best life advice from prostitutes. I get the best life advice in general from those that live a rough life. That's why I prefer street smart to book smart. You'll survive longer if you are street smart. I asked Dre why he got started in this. I even asked Rob's friend, another guy Rob's age, this white  guy named Jeff, why he started. Jeff said he did heroin since high school back in the 70's.
When I was in the rehab, other patients would say that I didn't belong there and I just didn't "look" like an addict-then I was just drinking and taking pills. One day, Dre said that he wanted to help me quit because I "shouldn't be doing this", and "God doesn't want you putting this toxic stuff in you". I agree with Dre when he tells me stuff like that. Honestly, it shows me that he sees the real me. God knows that I know I am better than this shit and I am not meant to do this. Dre sees that I am special and better than the other people that do this. I was put here for more of a reason that anyone else. God put me here after I practically died and had all those medical complications after birth-so instead of crying and whining "why am I here...to suffer" BS, I should turn that around and say, "look, it may take me a little longer to succeed because of my disability, but hell, I will make whatever I want in life happen!" God doesn't want us to be comfortable. He wants to see how we will react to life and the things that are thrown at us. The way we react is what we are judged on in the end. I never doubted God. I never questioned if he was real, etc. I never had a reason to question Him.The fact that I am here now is proof. After birth I was in the hospital for 6 months due to medical complications, which was brain damage/lack of oxygen and so that is why I have a learning disability.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete