Thursday, March 21, 2013

Why do I promote That Guy's On Heroin?

I know a lot of you have seen my posts re-posting blog entries from the site 'That Guy's On Heroin'. I do it for fun, pure entertainment. Plus I get a chance to see the area I live in-hey why not! And it's in relating to the topic of my blog here, right?
Shout Out to the creator of 'That Guy's On Heroin'- why don't you promote mind, or at least mention it?
xxxxx
Anyway, so, for today, here is the latest post from the blog that I enjoy frequenting, 'That Guy's On Heroin'!
Location: Baltimore, MD
Rating: 2.7/5
Description: I posted this one today in response to the “White in Philly” article which describes racial tensions in the city of brotherly love. Apparently, Philly is losing a majority white population for the first time, and to celebrate the event Philadelphia Magazine decided to reiterate that absolutely ever race in Philly despises the other, and just in case that wasn’t clear enough, got quotes from people living in Philly to put that on the record.
I’m really happy for Philly for finally putting into words the reason I find Baltimore a much more enjoyable place to live. Sure we may be 104% poor, minority, uneducated, drug fiends, but at least we’re not stupid enough to get quoted by a local magazine about how we hate people of different races or creed.
Sure, we all hate morons who steal stuff, play with guns, sell drugs (except to our submissions!), etc, etc. Except in Baltimore we hate the person, not the race. I really hope this blog has taught you that it’s not one particular race which is littering the city with unsightly (but strangely awesome) heroin zombies, but rather a racially unifying desire to chase that blast to whatever bus stop or needle filled alley it may bring you.
This picture of an elderly man patiently waiting for the bus next to a passed out junkie shows that even though they may be worlds apart in both race and blood toxicity level, people in Baltimore are willing to come together and generally get along despite our differences on the outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment