Friday, August 3, 2012

New York Junkie

Just got a call from a dealer that my friend Angie knows. I met him before. He's from NY originally but he comes over here to see what kind of business he can get. He agreed to meet me next week and have me try some new stuff-China White. I heard about it only because of Nikki Sixx- that's the kind he mentioned in his book. Surprisingly I never read the book. Only parts of it in a book store. I say it's surprising because 1. Motley Crue is my favorite band and they are what got me into rock and music in general in the first place and I always saw Nikki as a musical idol. The thing with rock star's and their autobiographies is you never really know what's real and what isn't, so I am selective to actually buy Nikki's. Nikki Sixx book, Amazon.com
I guess that's the same for anyone, right? You never know what's real and what isn't.
Anyway so honestly I'd rather mess with this NY guy that Angie knows than go to where I go because it's faster and closer and.....don't know why but I'd say it's also probably safer. Well no, that's not true. I never felt -well maybe not never, but often I didn't feel nervous while getting stuff with Dre. I surely was nervous, somewhat, with Darrell. I never, ever copped with Darrell before. I don't know anything about him-other than he's a runner/dealer like Dre and he sometimes works as a door man/guard at some of the strip clubs I applied to.
He seems fine, nice, to me. But I know the rules of the street-never trust anyone in this game, no one. In a flash they could easier turn on you. They might even turn me in if they ever get popped, you know? But honestly, naively, I don't think that would ever happen. Perhaps I really should because I now realize how Dre protects himself. He even refuses to let me know his last name. Of course not. He's freaked I might turn him in. I was taking pictures of myself in his bathroom with my camera a few weeks ago and as soon as I left his house that day, he called Rob up right away and starting getting really paranoid thinking I was trying to get him arrested or trapped-I know I'd never do that ... and he knows I wouldn't but my behavior surely showed otherwise.