Friday, October 19, 2012

RecoverED-

-originally posted in closetjunkie101's blog~~ "yes you'll always have those memories but no, you do become a recovered addict as soon as you go through the program. yes, the big book, alcoholics anonymous does say in the front that you become "recovered" ED, no longer in recovery. yes, you'll always be an addict-the minute you go back to your DOC, you'll go overboard with it again because that's just what you do as an addict, but if you take control of it, I believe that with a lot of effort, you do get over it and get out of it. You'll still have shit to deal with,mentally and responsibilities, but, at least you won't be a slave to H....if shit didn't go south from my using, I wouldn't quit. No one would. The fact is that things do go south from using for everyone so we are in the same boat. It's not the drug I want to run from, it's what the drug did to me that I want to get away from."-

No comments:

Post a Comment